BREU30(K)-C Freewheel Cam Clutch Bearing With Grease
BREU series Cam Clutches need periodic maintenance and lubrication to both bearing to provide maximum
performance throughout their service life. Lack of prescribed maintenance and lubrication will shorten the
Service life of Cam Clutch and may cause unnecessary mechanical damage.
Dimensions and Capacities
2. Mount the clutch loosely on the high-speed shaft at first.
3. Accurately align both sprockets by checking with a straight edge on the teeth of both sprockets.
4. Check whether the clearance(S) between the two sprockets is correct, then wrap the chain around the
5. Specify right hand (RH) or left hand (LH) as inner race overrunning direction from the view of cam clutch side
(*) when ordering. See the above drawing.
6. The same lubrication as for Tsubaki roller chain is necessary for the coupling chain.
7. Ensure that the chain is properly closed with a connecting link and that the closed of the spring clip is installed
in the same direction as the rotation of the outer race.
|–5°C ~ +40°C||–40°C ~ +40°C|
|Mobil||—||Mobil temp SHC100|
|Shell||Alvania Grease S2||Alvania Grease RA|
|BP||Energrease LS2||Enargrease LT2|
|TOTAL||Multis 2||Aerogrease 22|
Note: Do not use Grease that contains EP additives.
E1~E7 options are supplied with bolts for installation, and the grease nipple.
BREU series Cam Clutches are pre-greased at the factory and should be re-greased every three months for both bearings after installation. Follow the procedure below.
1. Remove the set screw at the flange, torque arm or cover.
2. Inject equal amounts of grease into the bearing from the grease nipple. Refer to the grease volume table for the correct amount.
3. Run the Cam Clutch disengaged for from 20 to 30 minutes with the set screw removed. Excess of grease in the clutch area will flow out of the tapped holes. Be careful to avoid over greasing. Too much grease in the
clutch will cause it to run hot, interfere with the clutch action, and may lead to mechanical damage.
4. Wipe off excess of grease and re-install the set screw.
Contact Us at Any Time